LaGrange Art League Recap Day 2


Early into the morning a delivery person from the local flower shop came all the way up the stairs to present this lovely plant basket. There was a card but no signature of who sent it...???? I said to everyone it wasn't my husband...he does do things like that, instead he brings me things, like rolls of duck tape or little pine trees from a construction site...that would be torn down or crushed.  Which is so sweet because I'm that kind of gal that would plant it and find a place for the duck tape to be used. (good bohemian gal using what every was around to make some) So I was unsure of who sent it....all day long. 


 Stained tissue paper done with Golden's Fluid Acrylics makes for a nice transparent paper in what every color you like.

 Strings sandwiched between the sheets of white tissue paper to form a grid pattern and then stained.
Noreen showed us the paper she made with me along time ago, so Saturday morning we were making it too as I had a chance to go home and bring in the string.




 On the plastic and the way everything works out we will have some wonderful colored tissue paper to work with. The orange color this year is a big hit....and one of Susan's colors, along with turquoise.


The Brown Grocery bag is a place to work out, or work into some great directions with out any certain ideas. A place to explore the surface, and try something new.  The hard part is to go through an ugly layer and then learn about what you can do to fix it....and how that ugly layer will be come so important to your personal process. Sounds odd but you have to go through to really show how it is...Not that I'm teaching make ugly art but it's is process in life and art..."We just have to go through it, to really see the journey"  History in life and art is laid out in front of us. 








 Here is a row of Abstract Brown papers with gesso and acrylics and what ever finds it way to the surface....they will be cut up and torn apart in our last day and used in our collages.  Everyone's personality are showing and shining through...it's great!!






After my demo....then with fresh memories we went right in to three exercise of process. Using  the tack irons, image transfer, glazing medium, shadowing...then it was time to go home...we had used up all our creativity and need to come back fresh in the morning. New eyes and New ideas. 

So back to the Delivery at the beginning of the day....when I got to my car, I remember one of the gals suggesting that I could call the flower shop and they would be able to tell me who sent them.  So I sat in the car and did that on my cell phone.  The lady sounded like she didn't know what was going on....and asked me to wait.   So I waiting..right away thinking, Wow don't they know what their doing?   And after a while another lady came on and Said...."Laura,  it was your Husband that sent the flowers."  I was in shock...and overwhelmed with a flood of love.  My husband never sends me flower...he will buy them for me but not send them...she said maybe for St. Patties day...I said no....we are polish and bohemian...she laughed.   So I was just feeling very loved, and I told him I have never ever received flowers delivered to me..it was a first, thank you so much...he was all beaming with good pride...he had made his wife happy and filled with love. 

On to our last day together.....it's going to be a Kicker

Comments

  1. Anonymous10:41 AM

    gahhh, I wish you weren't so far away.... a class with you would be amazing! I am soooo intrigued by your work, and I loved being able to see the step-by-step process. Thank you so much for sharing this.
    GroovyDoovyArtStudio.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts