Collage: Sketchbook to Canvas or Wood panels-Dillman's Creative Art Workshops


This year at Dillman's Creative Art Workshops I've have a more direct approach to share. I myself have been using a sketch book for many years to stay on top of my collage game. Mainly I just like to cut, tear, and glue things so I start off with magazines and my sketchbook and have at it. This collage mediation above came from a morning in the woods before the spring burst through the ground with all her grander in green. There were areas of Burnt tall grasses from the field burns, so the dark area represented that.  


After exploring the collage sketch I start to create papers to use and the yellow is a large map that was layered with gesso and acrylics. I love using papers that once were and now become my main source of collage.  After I complete the collage on the wood panels or canvas, I always seem to have extra papers.  



This is a 8 x 8 collage on watercolor paper, "Continual Process," before you know it you could have a series growing before your eyes.  Explore the composition and tweaking things here and there. I do enjoy the changes as I work from the collage sketch, This is where it is true- "You have to get out of your own way and let it play out"  

The 5 days at Dillman's this year will allow us to explore quite a few collage sketch and create a palette of papers from our own inspired collage sketches . Inter grading the design aspect all the way through. We will take time to ponder colors, mark making, textures, simple line to the surface of many kinds of paper.  Dillman's is truly a wonderful place for the whole family, dog freely too. Family members not taking the workshop can keep busy Fishing, Kayaking, Hiking, Antiquing, Golfing, shopping and so much more while you enjoy exploring the multi ways to work mixed media and collage.  



8th Year, Hope to see you there~

Comments

Popular Posts