Prayer Flags March 8th 2018 1-Day Workshop
Prayer Flags 1-Day Workshop
March 8th 2018
In this day long workshop students will be provided with a set of 10 plan white prayer flags and a piece of clothes line to hang them on. Each flag is roughly 6 x 10 inches. Our time together will be thoughtful and mindful with good intention woven in and through the prayer flag making process. Working with acrylics and printing plates we make marks, print with stencils, and stamp with fun objects, and add ribbons, threads and yarns. Some simple hand sewing will be involved. We will also discussion the origins of the Prayer Flags as to understand their deeper meaning. These will look great hanging outside in your garden or flower areas inviting good orderly direction for growth.
Class size is limited to 12
Workshop Fee: $75.00
What to Bring
· Bring your own brown bag lunch and something to drink
· Apron or wear clothes to create in.
· Enough newspaper to use as a underneath workstation (1 days’ worth is great)
· A roll of paper towels
· Optional-stencils or stamps
· Small material fee of $20.00 will be collected by instructor at the beginning of the workshop this covers, flags, clothesline, paints, stencils, ribbons thread, use of tools etc.
You might like to see my prayer flags that I have done in
the past along with other information on my blog
Website for more info at LaGrange Art League